...autumn flavours: Chestnuts and Chocolate Pie
Chestnut flour 240 g
Bitter cocoa powder 20 g
Sugar 160 g
Eggs (about 5 medium) 250 g
Baking powder for cakes 16 g
Whole milk 310 g
Vanilla bean 1.
• To prepare the chestnut and chocolate cake, make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature.
• Break the eggs in a planetary, add the sugar and seeds of a vanilla bean and whisk them for about ten minutes or until the mixture is clear and foamy (if you do not have the planetary you can use electric whips)
• Meanwhile, in a bowl, sift chestnut flour, baking powder and cocoa.
• Now you can pour the milk, at room temperature, and dissolve everything using a whisk: be careful not to form lumps.
• Add to this mixture some egg and sugar dough, it will be used to soften and dissolve the mixture.
• Then add the remaining part and mix very gently so as not to disassemble the eggs, then incorporated with the spatula with movements from the bottom to the top.
• Grease and cover a 22 cm diameter mold with baking paper. Pour the mixture into the mold, bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees for 70 minutes, in the lower shelf of the oven. Take the toothpick test at the end of cooking to verify that the cake is cooked. Remove from the oven and let it cool before removing the cake to serve.
• To garnish the chocolate cake you can use lemon or orange rinds!
Enjoy your meal!!